Last updated: 9 February 2017
Favourit Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 602 262 644) ("Favourit", "we", "us" or "our") owns and operates the website www.favourit.com.au (the Website) and the mobile application Favourit (the App) (the Website and the App collectively referred to as the "Site"). Favourit offers betting services via the telephone and the Site.
4. Collection of your personal information
We may collect personal information from you in a number of ways. For example, we may collect personal information from you when you:
- visit, access or use our Site or services;
- register for, or log into, an account on our Site;
- sign up to receive communications from us, for example by signing up to a mailing list or to receive newsletters;
- make a post or contact us on any of our social media pages;
- participate in any competitions or other promotional offers or complete any survey or feedback forms; or
- contact us by email or telephone or by any other means.
The types of information that we may collect from you include (but is not limited to) your name, date of birth, e-mail address, postal and/or street address, telephone numbers, financial information (such as bank account information and credit or debit card information and expiration dates) and driver's licence information for age and identity verification purposes as required by law.
You are under no obligation to provide us with your personal information and may be able to visit our Site and deal with us anonymously or by pseudonym. However, please be aware that, if you choose not to provide us with certain personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the full services of the Site. For example, we may be unable to assist you in setting up an account on the Site.
A "cookie" is a piece of data that is stored on your computer. When you visit the Site, your web browser may store cookies on your computer, which will be retrieved when you revisit the Site in order to store your preferences to better enable you to navigate and use our Site. These cookies do not contain personal information but allow us to monitor and analyse your website traffic and your preferences on our Site, such as how often you visit the Site and your preferred webpages on our Site, in order for us to enhance your customer experience of the Site.
You may delete or prevent cookies from being saved on your computer by changing your internet browser settings to prevent the use of, or remove, cookies. You may still use the Site even if you choose to reject or delete cookies, however, please be aware that if you reject or delete the cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of certain features on our Site.
6. Use of your personal information
We may use any of the personal information that we collect from, and about, you for the following purposes (without limitation):
- to provide you with our services and products and otherwise conduct our business, for example, to enforce terms of service, to verify your age and identity, or process payments and transactions;
- to register you for an account on our Site and to assist in the management of your account (for example, sending password reminders);
- to keep you informed about new features, products, services, events or promotional offers that we offer;
- to market our services, products and Site, such as to send you Site newsletters;
- to contact you or to process and respond to your queries, requests or feedback;
- to monitor, track and conduct analysis on our Site's usage and traffic;
- to improve the content of our Site and to customise the content of our Site for individual users;
- to implement anti-money laundering, credit fraud protection and risk reduction measures;
- for our internal business purposes, such as business management or accounting/auditing purposes;
- for any other purpose required for us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- for any other reason for which you provided the personal information.
7. Opting-out of marketing communications
From time to time, we may use your personal information to send you marketing materials about our services, products and Site such as information about new services and products, promotions, offers or competitions that we may be conducting or other offers from our affiliates and marketing partners that we think may be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to receive these marketing communications you can opt-out of receiving these communications by:
- clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing email that we may send you;
- logging into your account on the Site and changing your preferences to opt-out of receiving marketing communications; or
- contacting us using the Contact Details below and informing us that you wish to opt-out.
8. Disclosure of your personal information
Favourit may disclose the personal information we collect about you to third parties which may include (but is not limited to):
- our related entities, affiliates or business partners;
- third party service providers, contractors, suppliers, vendors and other parties who we may engage to help us in the management and conduct of our business and the provision of our services to you, for example, website hosting services, services that assist us in the distribution of marketing materials and newsletter or email updates (such as mailing houses); third party information storage and database management services and payment processors;
- third parties who assist us in the verification of your age and identity;
- our affiliates, sponsors or business and event partners who may provide you with information about their products and services which may be of interest to you (unless you have indicated to us that you wish to opt out of receiving these communications);
- government or regulatory bodies and agencies, law enforcement bodies (such as the police), courts of law, if required or authorised to do so by law, regulation, rules of racing or our licence conditions. For example, we may be required to disclose your personal information to a regulatory body or in response to a subpoena or legal order; in response to a integrity-related request from a gambling or other regulatory or government authority, racing or sporting body; to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, potential anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism financing or fraud threats; or to exercise legal rights or defend against claims such as intellectual property infringement;
- third parties in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of the Favourit business or operations (including without limitation in connection with bankruptcy or similar proceedings); or
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
9. Disclosure of personal information overseas
We may disclose your personal information to overseas recipients for example affiliates or third parties who assist us in the management and conduct of our business. These overseas recipients may assist us in the processing, storage or analysis of your information (for example third party cloud storage service providers), processing of credit card payments or provide technical or website support to us.
In the event that the processing of your personal information involves the disclosure of any information outside Australia, you acknowledge that, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to such overseas disclosure. By consenting to such disclosure, you acknowledge that:
- Favourit will not be accountable under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for any breach of your privacy by the overseas recipient, and
- you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) against Favourit for any breach of your privacy by an overseas recipient.
Note: Countries outside of Australia may not always have the same or similar privacy and data protection laws and in some cases, foreign law may require us to disclose your personal information overseas, for example to an overseas law enforcement authority. Please be aware that you may not be able to seek redress for a breach of privacy in a country outside of Australia. However, where we do provide your personal information to third parties, Favourit will take such steps as reasonable to ensure your information is used in accordance with this policy.
10. Securing your personal information
Favourit takes such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to secure and protect the integrity of your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
For example, Favourit uses firewalls and secure server software (SSL) to secure and encrypt information that you submit to us and employs the use of password protections which permit only access to your personal information to those employees who require such access for the purposes of completing their jobs.
However, please be aware that no transmission of information over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure, and while we aim to use our best efforts to secure and protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the "perfect security" of any information you transmit or provide to us. Any such provision of personal information is at your own risk.
11. Third party links
12. Accessing and updating your personal information
Favourit takes such steps as are reasonable to ensure that the personal information that we collect and hold about you is accurate, up-to-date and complete. However, we rely on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
You have the right to seek access to, or request the correction of, the personal information that we hold about you by:
- logging into your account on the Site and accessing your profile page to view or correct the personal information recorded on our Site; or
- making a request for access to, or the correction of, your personal information by contacting us at [email protected] and providing us with the details of your request.
Once we receive your request, we will endeavour to respond to that request within a reasonable period after your request is made. There are some exceptions, specified by law or regulation, where we may refuse your requests. If one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for the refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to do so.
13. Making a complaint about a breach of your privacy
If you have any concerns or complaints about the handling or treatment of your personal information or if you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact us by sending us an email at [email protected] or by using the Contact Details below and setting out the nature of your complaint.
We will then investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable period of receiving your complaint. If after receiving our response, you still consider that your privacy complaint has not been resolved, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
14. Contact Us
If you have any other questions or comments about privacy practices, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (02) 9095 3750
48 Epsom Road
Zetland, NSW 2017