Last Updated: 9 February 2017
Favourit Australia Pty Ltd ("Favourit", "we", "us", "our") is dedicated to supporting responsible gambling practices and to providing consumers who may be vulnerable to problem gambling with the appropriate tools and support.
Favourit offers a number of tools and measures to assist customers ("you") who are vulnerable to, or have concerns about, problem gambling and to maintain safe, healthy and responsible gambling practices. This Responsible Gambling Policy outlines the tools and measures we provide to assist those at risk of problem gambling.
2. What is Responsible Gambling?
For most Australians, gambling is intended to be an enjoyable recreational activity for entertainment purposes. However, for some, gambling can have concerning consequences.
"Responsible Gambling" is a concept used to describe the conduct and participation in gambling services in a way which remains safe, entertaining and pleasurable due to the cooperation between individuals and gambling operators to minimise the potential harm associated with problem gambling.
In providing our services, Favourit aims to achieve a balanced approach to responsible gambling, which respects the responsibility and choices of individuals for their own actions, but also acknowledges the responsibility on the part of gambling service providers. We strongly encourage our customers to assess their gambling activity to ensure that they continue to gamble responsibly.
Favourit aims to enable our customers to make informed decisions about their participation in gambling activities and, if any concerns or harm arise, provide our customers with the support mechanisms to assist with problem gambling.
3. What are the signs of problem gambling?
If you feel that gambling is no longer an enjoyable activity for you or you are exhibiting other negative effects or circumstances as a result of your gambling, you may be displaying signs of problem gambling.
Some warning signs that may indicate you are experiencing problem gambling include:
- you are unable to control the time or amount that you spend participating in gambling activities;
- increasing levels of debt or excessive financial losses resulting from your gambling activity, for example, experiencing difficulties in paying bills on time;
- adverse personal effects to you and/or your family, for example, lying to family and friends about your gambling activity;
- negative emotional impacts, for example, feelings of anxiety, moodiness, irritation or anger after gambling activity; or
- adverse effects on your employment and work performance, for example, missing work or having trouble concentrating or completing work due to preoccupation with gambling;
4. Where to get help?
For more information about the warning signs of problem gambling or if you would like to talk to someone about getting help, please visit contact Gambling Help by phone on 1800 858 858 or visit http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au.
To find support in your state or territory of residence, please visit: http://www.gamblinghelponline.org.au/accessing-support/find-support-in-your-state/.
5. Our Commitment to Responsible Gambling
At Favourit, we aim to care for our customs and are committed to providing our services in a manner that promotes responsible gambling practices and aims to minimise the risks and harm related to problem gambling.
Favourit offers a number of tools and services designed to help our customers control their spending and make responsible and informed choices about their participation in gambling activities.
Pre-commitment and deposit limits
As part of our dedication to responsible gambling, Favourit offers a pre-commitment limit facility which allows you to:
- nominate a limit on the amount of money you spend while using our services; and/or
- set a maximum deposit limit on your account on either a daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly basis.
When you first sign up for an Account with Favourit, you will be given the option to elect whether to set a pre-commitment limit or not and must make a selection, before you will be able to use the Account. If you choose not to set a pre-commitment limit, you may do so at any time at a later stage by following the instructions below. Please note that if you do not set a pre-commitment limit, Favourit may, from time to time, contact you to provide you with information about pre-commitment limits and remind you that the option to set a limit is always available to you.
To set a deposit or pre-commitment limit, please submit a Pre-Commitment Request by using one of the following methods:
- logging into your Account with Favourit and visiting the "Edit Account" page at www.favourit.com.au to change your pre-commitment settings; or
- contacting our customer service team using the contact details listed below and requesting that a limit be applied.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your request to be processed and applied.
If you wish to change or remove your deposit or pre-commitment limit, you may do so by submitting a request by:
- logging into your Account and changing your pre-commitment settings on the "Edit Account" page at www.favourit.com.au or
- contacting our customer service team using the contact details listed below and informing us of your request.
However, please be aware that, once you have set a deposit or pre-commitment limit, you will be prevented from removing or increasing your limit for the length of time you have nominated and unless you contact us. If you have not nominated a time period, the following minimum waiting periods will apply before you will be able to make any changes to your deposit limit:
- you may decrease the amount of your deposit limit at any time, instantly, without a waiting period; and
- any request to remove or increase the amount of your deposit limit cannot be made within seven (7) days of the original deposit limit being set.
If you feel that you are unable to control your participation in gambling or would like our help to restrict your access to our betting services, Favourit offers facilities for you to self-exclude yourself from betting with us and using our services.
You may elect to self-exclude on a temporary or a permanent basis. If you would like to implement a temporary self-exclusion period, please note that the minimum self-exclusion period that Favourit offers and applies, is a self-exclusion period of 6 months.
If you would like to implement a self-exclusion period, please:
- logging into your Account with Favourit and visiting the "Edit Account" page at www.favourit.com.au to set a self-exclusion period; or
- contacting our customer service team using the contact details listed below and requesting that you wish to activate a self-exclusion on your Account.
When you submit a self-exclusion request to Favourit, the self-exclusion period will commence within 48 hours from the date of the request.
Alternatively, some jurisdictions in Australia offer other facilities to assist those at risk of problem gambling (for example, barring orders). If you would like further information about these measures, please contact our customer service team using the contact details below.
Once a self-exclusion period is in place, you acknowledge and agree that you must not attempt to place a bet with Favourit, or otherwise access and/or use our services during the self-exclusion period. Please be aware that, once you activate the self-exclusion measure on your Account:
- if you have applied for permanent self-exclusion you will be prohibited permanently from accessing and/or using your Account with Favourit; and
- if you have applied for temporary self-exclusion - at a minimum, you will be prohibited from accessing and/or using your Account with Favourit for the period you specified in your self-exclusion request.
As Favourit is dedicated to ensuring that our Responsible Gambling policies and procedures are enforced and upheld by all of our customers, we also retains the right, at its sole discretion, to exclude you from our services where any of our customer service operators or other personnel has a reasonable belief that you are at risk of problem gambling.
6. Problem Gambling Self-Assessment
The following questionnaire may help you to identify tendencies in your behaviour which are often linked to problem gambling.
- Have you ever ignored your job in order to gamble?
- Have you felt unhappy with your personal life due to gambling?
- Does your gambling affect your perception of others, or how others may perceive you?
- Has your gambling left you with a deep sense of regret?
- Have you ever tried to meet your financial obligations by gambling?
- Has gambling affected your motivation to succeed?
- Do you feel obliged to gamble in order to recoup lost money?
- Do you consider a win as motivation to spend more?
- Have you ever spent your last available dollar on gambling?
- Have you ever borrowed money in order to gamble?
- Have you ever sold assets in order to gamble?
- Have you felt reluctant to use money set aside for gambling on everyday purchases?
- Has gambling negatively impacted on the way that you treat yourself or others?
- Do you find yourself gambling beyond the time you had planned to stop?
- Have you ever gambled to avoid dealing with personal problems?
- Have you ever committed (or considered committing) a criminal offence in order to gamble?
- Does your gambling affect your sleep?
- Do the frustrations of your personal life encourage you to gamble?
- Have you celebrated good fortune by spending excessive time gambling?
- Have you considered harming yourself as a result of gambling?
Studies show that people who have answered "Yes" to seven or more of the above questions show tendencies representative of problem gambling. For further assistance, or if you wish to know more, please contact one of the organisations listed on our website.
Favourit does target and does not offer its services to persons under the age of 18 and therefore excludes any minors from opening an Account with Favourit, placing a wager or otherwise using our services. If you suspect that a minor is using your Account to participate in gambling activity, or is otherwise accessing or using our services to place bets, please notify Favourit immediately by using the contact details set out below.
Favourit also recommends that, if you have concerns that a minor in your household may be able to access your Account with Favourit, you may wish to use security software or filtering options which are available to download, to prohibit underage individuals from accessing or using online betting and wagering software. A comprehensive list of filtering options that are available for download can be found at websites such as:
8. Contact Us
To submit a pre-commitment or self-exclusion request, or if you have any other questions about our responsible gambling policies and practices, please contact us at:
Email: [email protected]
(02) 9095 3750
48 Epsom Road
Zetland NSW 2017